K2B: Knowledge 2 Boost
our double boost!
Optimum engine performance and compliance with the strictest emission limit values (e.g. IMO III) call for very high charging pressures and efficient exhaust-gas turbocharging. Solutions with combined exhaust-gas after-treatment or exhaust-gas recirculation offer even greater potential in view of increasing requirements.
We have developed the K2B two-stage turbocharging system for a maximum pressure ratio of 10:1 and a turbocharging efficiency of more than 75 percent to meet these demands.
Our K2B system provides you with a bespoke system solution based on your individual needs, including design integration, control strategy and after-sales service. This is our way of helping you achieve your engine output and emission targets.
Main fields of applications:
- Power generation
- Main propulsion engines
- Auxiliary engines
Suitable for the following engine types:
- Diesel engines
- Heavy fuel oil engines (HFO)
- Natural gas engines
- Dual-fuel engines
Performance features of the K2B series
The K2B turbocharging system is characterised by the following performance features:
- Turbocharger for a low-pressure and high-pressure stage in the engine output range from 1,500 kW to 5,000 kW per two-stage unit.
- Maximum pressure ratio up to 10:1
- Turbocharging efficiencies of more than 75 percent
- High-pressure stage of the HSR series with a radial turbine
- Low-pressure stage of the LPR series with a radial turbine or HPA series with an axial turbine
- Bespoke system solutions for two-stage turbocharging combined with exhaust-gas after-treatment or exhaust-gas recirculation, for example
- Compressor and turbine washing device, speed measurement, silencer and insulation available as accessories
- Water cooling of the bearing casing for high-temperature applications on request
- System solutions for the integration of a two-stage turbocharging system that are perfectly matched to your engine
- The highest power density for your engine
- Greatly reduced fuel consumption
- The lowest exhaust-gas emissions
- Extended maintenance intervals and only short downtimes during servicing work
Would you like to learn more?
Feel free to contact Klaus Buchmann, our Engineering Director, for individual advice or more information about the K2B. You can call him on +49 351 4085 618 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can use our contact form to get in touch with us.