K2B: Knowledge 2 Boost
our double boost!
Optimum engine performance and compliance with the strictest emission limit values (e.g. IMO III) call for very high charging pressures and efficient exhaust-gas turbocharging. Solutions with combined exhaust-gas after-treatment or exhaust-gas recirculation offer even greater potential in view of increasing requirements.
We have developed the K2B two-stage turbocharging system for a maximum pressure ratio of 10:1 and a turbocharging efficiency of more than 75 percent to meet these demands.
Our K2B system provides you with a bespoke system solution based on your individual needs, including design integration, control strategy and after-sales service. This is our way of helping you achieve your engine output and emission targets.
Main fields of applications:
- Power generation
- Main propulsion engines
- Auxiliary engines
Suitable for the following engine types:
- Diesel engines
- Heavy fuel oil engines (HFO)
- Natural gas engines
- Dual-fuel engines
Performance features of the K2B series
The K2B turbocharging system is characterised by the following performance features:
- Turbocharger for a low-pressure and high-pressure stage in the engine output range from 1,500 kW to 5,000 kW per two-stage unit.
- Maximum pressure ratio up to 10:1
- Turbocharging efficiencies of more than 75 percent
- High-pressure stage of the HSR series with a radial turbine
- Low-pressure stage of the LPR series with a radial turbine or HPA series with an axial turbine
- Bespoke system solutions for two-stage turbocharging combined with exhaust-gas after-treatment or exhaust-gas recirculation, for example
- Compressor and turbine washing device, speed measurement, silencer and insulation available as accessories
- Water cooling of the bearing casing for high-temperature applications on request
- System solutions for the integration of a two-stage turbocharging system that are perfectly matched to your engine
- The highest power density for your engine
- Greatly reduced fuel consumption
- The lowest exhaust-gas emissions
- Extended maintenance intervals and only short downtimes during servicing work
Silvio Risse, our Engineering Director, will be happy to help if you need more information about our exhaust-gas turbochargers. Give him a call on +49 351 4085 622 or send him an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can also use our contact form to get in touch with us.